Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Nutshell Post

I'm coming up for a few minutes of air. My summer has been a whirlwind and is going by way too fast. Here's a recap of the past two or so weeks.

1. Spent a week in St. Petersburg with Brady and 450 youth at EFY. It was so much fun, especially because Meghann was with us this year. I could write a novel about it, but I don't have time. It was wonderful.


2. Sent my girls off on an airplane by themselves for a week-long vacation in Arizona. They stayed with our good friends, the Petersons, for most of the time, taking in a night at my sister's house in Phoenix at the tail end of their trip. They had a GREAT time and I can't wait for them to come home and tell me ALL about it. I didn't get enough info in our nightly phone calls.

3. A mini-vacation to Amelia Island, Florida. With the girls in Arizona, we were excited at the thoughts of being able to go on a vacation and need only ONE hotel room. On my list of things-to-see was Amelia Island. We were only gone for about three days, but it was lovely. We relaxed at the beach (I got so much reading done!), swam at the pool, introduced the boys to Zaxby's (they loved it), watched too much TV, enjoyed the hotel's delicious breakfast, and just had a great time. I forgot my camera but this is where we stayed


a view of the island- now I couldn't have done that with my camera!

this is the beach we played on:
One of our favorite parts of the trip was on the drive home. We drove down the coast and rode the St. Johns River Ferry (drive the car on the ferry and get a ride across the river). Now that was fun! The boys were so excited about it.



4. We came home from our lovely vacation to a small flood. Apparently the washing machine filled with water and just kept filling while we were gone. This, DESPITE the fact that Brady turned off the hoses to the machine before we left. I know, go figure. We are still trying to do some detective work to solve that mystery. Anyway, three rooms were flooded and we had to rip out carpet in two of them. Gratefully they were just a laundry room, storage room and master bed closet so it wasn't rooms that were greatly used. But, you can imagine my house is in a state of dissaray because of it and that always makes me a little crazy. Hopefully things will be put back together soon.

5. The day after discovering the flood, we discovered lice in all three boy's hair. Hence, a "summer buzz" for the boys. It was awful. I thought I might lose it at that point, but we kept trudging along and I think we've got a handle on that too.
6. I was called as the new Relief Society President (heaven help me!). I'm still too freaked out to even talk about it so that's all I'll say about that.

7. Spencer got his stitches out. He cut his toe at the pool while we were at EFY and our babysitter took him to the ER where he got five stitches. He was a brave boy! One comment he made to us about getting stitches was, "Don't worry dad, it was done by a professional." Whew!

There you have it, life in a nutshell. No wonder I'm going NUTTY! :)

4 comments:

Chapman Herd said...

Congrats on the RS thing! You will do an amazing job!

nixon5 said...

Sounds like a fun and crazy summer, its amazing you can come up for air with all that happening. sounds like EFY was a blast. Sorry about the toe it looked really sore. You will be an AMAZING RS pres.

Joanna said...

wow that does sound busy. Thank goodness the lice was when your girls were gone. Can you imagine trying to get that out of Meghanns hair?

I decided last night that when Tyler turns 14 I am sending him to the EFY where you guys are. You can keep an eye on him. :)

You will do great at RS.

Brittany said...

We loved having the girls for the night, I just would have liked to have seen them longer... its been a long time since we have seen our cousins.. :(