Thursday, October 1, 2009

Stretch Marks

focus on the version in the top left hand corner
When Meghann brought this pattern to me in Joann's a few months ago and asked me if I would make her a dress, I knew I was going to get some stretch marks.
Not this kind...thank goodness.
But the kind that come on my brain when I have to do something that is out of my comfort/ability level.

So, aiming to please, I said sure. We bought, what else...pink and zebra fabric. Meghann decided what color she wanted where and she even cut almost all of the pieces out herself. That's half the battle for me so I was glad she decided to tackle that project herself. She's going to be a great seamstress someday - no fear of cutting out a project.
It sat on my sewing room floor (or "The Cave" as my family refers to it) for several weeks before I found the courage to start. Once I started, it came together fairly easily. I only had to pray over the pockets :). I've never put pockets in anything before!
Meghann was thrilled with the finished product and I was happy to know that it wasn't so bad earning new stretch marks.






9 comments:

K Bailey said...

VERY cute!......now where is mine? :)

Hydes said...

Great job Steph, it is very cute, although I have to say the picture of the stretch marks made me sick!!

nixon5 said...

very cute!! love the material

The Nixon Two said...

I'm soooooo proud of you, you did a great job. It looks very cute on Meghann. Next time it will be a little easier. :)

Nixon Family said...

I love it.

Chapman Herd said...

It looks great! And i also love your pumpkins in the below post!!

allredclan said...

Nice job, Steph! It looks absolutely wonderful! Although the picture of the stretch marks made me cringe a bit. Oh, how I remember those...

Joanna said...

love the dress. I am just going to cut out a dress for Emily for after she gets baptized. Wish me luck!!

TaYloRcD5 said...

You are freakin WONDER WOMAN!!!! what can't you do? that dress is sooooo cute! I want one! Your picture of stretch marks is gross though!!