Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fall Fever

With the onset of Autumn, it seems that everyone is talking about fall, fall, fall. But, we're still having temperatures in the 90's, high humidity, and my AC is still running full blast.




So, in an effort to get excited about fall like the rest of the world, to pretend that there was a chill in the air, that I needed another blanket at night, that I was pulling out my sweaters and wooly socks, I made some cute pumpkins to decorate the house (come November, that is. First the Halloween decorations must come out). I saw the idea here and loved them so much I thought I'd try my hand at pattern-less pumpkins. I'm not very good at anything without a pattern, but they turned out okay. Not as gorgeous as the originals (loved the fabric she had), but not too bad for around $2 a piece.

Now, back to my flip flops.

2 comments:

nixon5 said...

cute pumpkins and I have to disagree, you are talented and could sew anything without a pattern in my eyes. Cute pumpkins and I will come in flip flops and you can come here and pull out the extra balnket I am not exceited for this weather I am such a summer girl.

K Bailey said...

Yeah I did a TON of these last year....and never want to make them again. :)