Sunday, February 21, 2010

(Not So Extreme) Home Makeover

After Christmas I was needing a little home makeover. I put all the decorations away and started re-arranging walls. Not the actual walls, of course, but what was hanging on them.

The pictures in the entryway from the front room to the kitchen got dispersed around the house, a new Salt Lake Temple picture to take their place.

The pictures in the family room went to the D.I. (our version of it, anyway) and I hung new family pictures that we had taken over the holidays.

The pictures from the front room went to our bedroom and I hung a new family picture project that I had been working on for MONTHS and finally finished.

Also, with Brady's mom's help when they were here in January, I finished a project for Tucker. Annice unpicked all the patches off his cub scout shirt and we arranged them, along with several other patches and awards, in a shadow box display case. He was thrilled with it.



Family room wall - notice I even learned how to use my vinyl letter machine and cut a quote!

Front room wall...I could not get one without the flash making a few of the pictures look funky but the one below at a different angle gives a flash-free view.

Thanks to my friend Shelby for the great idea...twice! There's one similar hanging in the boy's room.

Painted this wall a shade lighter than the gold kitchen and bought this new picture. The lighting is horrible in the picture, you can't see the color of the wall at all. Oh well.
4 projects done...996 more to go!

2 comments:

The Nixon Two said...

Thanks for letting me help with Tuckers scout project, it was a lot of fun to see all the awards he's earned.
A BIG thanks for letting us come visit, we had a great time even if it was colder than we thought it would be.

Brianne said...

I am a very old student of Brady's back in his Snowflake days. I was blog hopping and found your blog and I absolutely love this picture board that you made for your living room and was wondering if you would email me the details on how to make one? It looks like so much fun! dbrianne@hotmail.com