Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Company

Just when I think I'm going to stay caught up on my blog, just when I think I'm going to blog more often, I realize two weeks have gone by without touching my blog. Oh well, if something has to be neglected, better my blog than my children...right?

So, with a few minutes to update, I thought I'd post about our cruise. It was so much fun! But then I realized the pictures were on the family computer and I'm on my laptop so on to plan B. I'm posting pictures of our recent week-long visit by Brady's parents from Utah. What a fun week it was. The kids absolutely loved having grandma and grandpa here to talk to, play the piano for, read books with, take walks with, share their homework with, on and on. I loved having someone clean my kitchen when I wasn't looking and someone to help me with a few projects (picture of that to come later).

Here are some highlights:

Spencer had a school project where he needed to interview someone "older" about their family history. How perfect to be able to interview Grandpa in person! Here they are doing the interview:

Grandma helped put the project together:

The final poster turned out great! Grandpa is now famous (at least with 20 3rd graders).
Five Nixon boys:

Not sure where Jordan was for this picture...off on the playground I think. It was a cute picture anyway.
Here we all were at Lake Mills Park, beautiful weather, yummy picnic, great company - doesn't get much better than that.
Another picture with Kelly. It was wonderful to have her over for the weekend.

Brady, Stephanie, Annice, Galen:

And finally, a few pictures from our airboat ride. That was amazing, more alligators than we could count. On the flip side, more dead fish than we could count too. There had to be thousands of dead fish all along the banks of the river due to the 10-day freeze/cold weather we had a few weeks ago. There were talapia and some other type of fish that I can't remember all up and down the river with about as many vultures feasting on them.

Anyway, off of dead fish and on to some great pictures:




Our "tour guide" was great - he took us out for nearly an hour and knew that river like the back of his hand. He was fun to talk to - a genuine cowboy. It was a perfect airboat ride!

Thanks Galen and Annice for making the trip out. It was a wonderful week and like all good things, it went way too fast.

3 comments:

The Nixon Two said...

It did go way too fast. Thanks for a very fun week. we loved spending time with all of you and what a fun time doing all the things we did together!!

Chapman Herd said...

What a fun week! And that last picture of my dad is PRICELESS!!! He looks like the coolest Grandpa ever with his sunglasses and windblown hair! Soo hip!

nixon5 said...

what a fun trip to have them for a while. I love the grandpa project that looked so fun.