Saturday, August 25, 2007

Star Wars Lego Set






The three boys have been saving every penny they make or find for the Star Wars Lego set, "Jabba's Sail Barge." It is a $75 Lego set so they have been saving for quite some time. They finally had enough money with a final contribution from Jordan so Jordan and I bought it Friday while the other kids were at school. Jordan kept asking me every 30 seconds or so if it was time to go get the boys yet. He couldn't wait to show them the prize. It nearly killed the boys to wait until after I had gotten Meghann home from school and had some time to concentrate on putting it together, but they waited for me. We spent a good two or three hours putting it together that night, and I sent them to bed promising to continue working on it. I worked on it all the time I watched a movie by myself, "The Devil Wears Prada" since Brady was at the church helping with the roadshows. I worked on it until 11:00 p.m. and started again at 6:30 this morning (I couldn't sleep). The whole family was at the church the better part of today - Brady doing music and me doing costumes - so again the boys had to wait until after we got home at about 1:30 before we could work on it again. Well, we just finished and I have to post the final product! Tucker said we'd better take a picture of it before it all fell apart - does everyone's Lego toys do that? You work and work to put them together, but if you play with them they fall apart. My boys aren't good at putting them on the shelf to look at, and I'm not sure I want them to, but I get obssessed (especially when I've put them together) when they aren't perfect in a few days. Oh well, it's something to overcome, right?

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Oh my! That happened to us with that same ship. Not quite that bad though. What fun are legos if they have to sit on the shelf? I never did understand that, but the boys sure do! They played for about 6 hours today with our big bucket of legos. I know they are expensive, but on a day like today I think they are worth every penny!

AF Nixons said...

So do your boys make things and put them on the shelves? We have two things that are on shelves, but we have a neighbor who has a bookshelf FULL of creations that are just to look at. Maybe he plays with them too, he's the only boy and only has one older sister so there's no one to smash things or ruin them by playing too much with them...They are definitely worth every penny though.