Sunday, June 7, 2009

Pioneer Children Sang...

as they sewed and sewed and sewed. Isn't that how the song goes? After having sewn/helped to sew 6 pioneer dresses, 10 bonnets, 10 aprons, 3 pair of bloomers and one pioneer nightgown, I'm sure the words should be changed.

Our stake is gearing up for it's Pioneer Trek this week so we have been sewing like crazy around here. Meghann actually sewed most of her costumes herself for one of her 10 hour YW projects. And thus, a seamstress has been born. She started cutting everything out General Conference weekend last April and she has been working at it here and there ever since. She has done an amazing job. I get so excited when I can tell her, "Now make a casing for the elastic" or "make a narrow 5/8" hem" and she understands exactly what I'm saying! I think she's going to be the cutest pioneer on that dirt runway!

Even though Courtney isn't "officially" going on the trek because she isn't 14 yet, she has a role to play one day so she needed two costumes as well. I'm almost finished with the very last costume. What a relief!

two bonnets and two aprons made for a lady in our ward

1 comment:

allredclan said...

Stephanie, You are a sewing crazy lady!!! I can't believe how many projects you get done! I'm jealous.