Sunday, September 20, 2009

Extreme Bedroom Makeover

Just before school started the girls talked me into repainting their room. It's only the third time in six years. The boys keep asking, "When are you going to repaint our room???" Hmmm... never?

Anyway, they are into pink and zebra right now, so that's what their room is too, naturally. It turned out so cute and "teen" looking. Here are some pictures of the various stages:

What the walls used to look like

Meghann helping to apply primer

See my head over there in the corner working on the primer?





And now, the AFTER pictures... (drum roll please)

A HUGE thank you to Aunt Liseanne for all the CUTE vinyl clings and zebra dots. The dots just totally made the room and the girls kept saying over and over how "amazing" all the vinyl clings were. They are definitely perfect. THANKS, LISEANNE!

Curtains made by mom



Wall canvases made by Meghann

We even found a spot for a dot on Meghann's shelf
Last week I was feeling a need to start and finish a project all in one day so I made this pillow sham for Meghann's bed. She bought the sheets and I made the sham, complete with zebra piping all the way around (hard to see).
vinyl cling above the closet
Another cute font
above Courtney's bed
I love this wall - the font on that vinyl is so fun. As Brady was hanging this one we joked that he needs one that says "Dad's make the best wall hangers!" :) Courtney made these canvases to hang above her bed.



And finally, this is Meghann on Sunday afternoon trying to get some rest. I like to call this picture "Zebra on Zebra." More to come later this week on that darling dress!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

SO fun. So cute. So talented. Lovin' it!

allredclan said...

Steph! The room turned out SO stinking cute! Good for you for tackling it. It really does look darling. Want to come paint Emma's room? =)

The Nixon Two said...

I love the new look of the girls room. How fun! You did a GREAT job.
I love the picture of Meghann on the bed.

Chapman Herd said...

It turned out SUPER CUTE!!! I am glad all that vinyl worked for you! DARLING!!!

nixon5 said...

Way cute I have been anxious to see the pictures. Makes me want to redo zanna's;). Love the pictures of spencer too. One day maybe they can celebrate birthday's together.
Talented mom and girls way to go.

Joanna said...

very cute! What does all the vinyl say? I have never done my girls room in the 6 years we have been here, but this is making me want to tackle it!