Sunday, September 13, 2009

Ode to a 9-Year-Old

Happy Birthday, Spencer!


9 wonderful things about this boy:

1. He works hard on his cub scouts.



2. He is the best whistler this side of the Mississippi. He can be heard whistling amost any time of the day (except when we're driving in the car and all of the other kids are saying, "Spencer! Please stop whistling!" We've had to institute a "no whistling in the car" policy to keep the peace.)


3. He is a quick learner. It only took one time of him getting into my make-up (and being horrified when he saw himself in the mirror) and he's never done it again! :)

4. He's a great swimmer (but he never ventures into the water without his goggles).





5. Not only is he a great swimmer, he's awesome on the skim board at the beach!



6. He is a great friend to our neighbor, Joniel. Those two are inseperable.

7. He is my right-hand man in the kitchen. He loves to cook and as he told me once about four or five years ago, "Mom, if you need the eggs cracked just call me and I'll come a running cuz I love cracking eggs!" He comes running every time he hears me in the kitchen. Last Sunday he even sat down and read a cookbook.


8. He's a daddy's boy through and through. (He was thrilled one day when we were pulling hand-me-downs out of a box and realized he and Brady had nearly twinner shirts).


9. Even though he's a daddy's boy, he never lets me leave his room at night without a hug and kiss.

Have a great birthday, Spencer!

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Happy Birthday Spencer.

nixon5 said...

happy birthday spencer hope its a great one.

Hydes said...

Spencer, Hope you have a great day. We love you and miss you!

Mom/Grandma Shirlene said...

Spencer, I have noticed that you are the kind of boy everyone is happy to have around -at home, in scouts, at school, and for fun! I wish I had you in MY classroom. I always wanted to have some of the adventures that you could teach me. I hope you continue to have a FABULOUS year! Be safe and well! Love to all,
Aunt Sug