Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Powerade!

A few weekends ago, right in the middle of our arctic weather, we were scheduled to volunteer at the Disney 1/2 Marathon. There was about 40 people from our ward all working at Water Stop 6 - the half way point (sort of).

We all bundled up (see picture of my friend Dina below, she looks like she belongs in Alaska!) and braved the cold weather, showed up at Disney at 4:45 AM!!! and had a great time filling cups with Powerade and handing them out to runners as they jogged by.

I was a little worried about someone sloshing juice all over my gloves but stuck my arm out anyway. I definitely got sloshed on a few times, but oh well. It was fun.


Brady was making us all laugh with his shouts of, "Get your Powerade here! My long arm comes to you! Easy hand-off right here!" And sure enough, most people came to him. He's such a salesman.


The perk? Free Disney tickets for the two of us, that awesome orange jacket, Disney rain ponchos (because it was predicted to rain, but gratefully didn't. It did sleet though, just slightly but it reminded me so much of snow!), and Toy Story T-shirts. It was a lot of fun and made me want to be one of the runners next year (maybe the one in the Snow White dress...?).

4 comments:

allredclan said...

I would love to run that one next year! Especially if you guys are manning station #6! =) I'll come run with you, Steph, and you can wear Snow White and I'll be Cinderella!

The Nixon Two said...

Looks like what Annice and I have been wearing for a month---warm winter clothes

Chapman Herd said...

Brady. is. a. dork. But I love him!!

TaYloRcD5 said...

You crack me up!!! all bundeled up...what was it like 60?? haha