Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Happy Birthday





Sunday was my birthday. It was a good day. Brady went out of his way to make it nice. We went out to dinner on Friday night with the primary presidency and their husbands. It was fun to bring our hubby's along as usually it's just us girls celebrating each other's birthdays. We went to a Mexican place that we haven't eaten at before and it was good. Saturday my main goal was to paint one wall in the boy's room so that I could hang a project that I have been working on. I got the wall painted, but the project still isn't hung. Tomorrow! I can't wait to post a picture of it. It turned out so cute. You'll see...

So for my birthday, we went to church. Brady fixed his traditional rice and beans fast Sunday dinner so it was nice that I didn't have to cook. We also made two pans of pumpkin cake dessert for him to take to a fireside that evening. He made me a raspberry/blackberry shortcake - yummy! We invited Kent and Nate Shephed over since Kent's wife and daughter were out of town for the weekend so they ate with us. Brady gave me two new puzzles since we were out of puzzles to work on! One was a 500 piece and the other was a 1,000. I wasn't too sure about the big one, but the kids say they're on board so we've started it. I also got a new iron and the new Carrie Underwood CD. Thanks to all my family who made phone calls. I really appreciate it. And thanks for the cards and well wishes from everyone else!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

OK I totally suck! I didn't call or send a card (like you do so well) If it makes you feel better I didn't call anyone or send cards. I need to learn from you! I am glad that you had a good day and that Brady made it nice! I can't wait to see the project you made for the boys. hurry and post it. Happy Late Birthday!
love you-

nixon5 said...

I suck too. I hope you got the email. I sent it was sent from a bad connection. I did think about you but I'm sure think thoughts didn't get very far:)