Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving


Sorry I couldn't get everyone's heads in!

We had Aunt Kelly over for Thanksgiving this year. She came on Wednesday afternoon and stayed until Friday morning. We had a great time with her here! She got here about dinnertime on Wednesday so we ate some yummy tortellini soup and just visited after that. Thursday morning was spent making turkey, potatoes, rolls, stuffing, corn, fruit salad, and sweet potatoe casserole (I did make my pumpkin dessert on Wednesday...whew!). We ate around 2:30 - everything but the turkey. We had a turkey disaster this year and the turkey wasn't done but with everyone at the table, heads bowed practically, we just decided to eat. We put the turkey back in the oven and had it later with rolls for leftovers! After dinner we went to the movie. We saw, "Enchanted" and really liked it.

Friday morning was an event for Meghann's journal as it was her first time shopping at 5:00 a.m. with mom! We decided the girls could go at age 12 so this was her first year going with me. She was very excited. Kelly decided to come to so the three of us headed off before dawn and got home around 9:00 a.m. We had a lot of fun and got everything we were after (and then some...of course). Kelly left for home around 11:00 a.m. We sure enjoyed having company here for Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I want to see that movie. Did you make it to Joanns? All the fabric was gone by the time I got there. It looks like you had a great time with Kelly.

AF Nixons said...

We loved the movie! Yes, I made it to Joann's - it was my second stop. There was tons of the flannel. There was a lady who was buying some of every bolt they had, I swear. She had 70 cuts of fabric in the end. Kelly had me buy some to make blankets for her friends. It was fun shopping.