Saturday, December 15, 2007

Happy Anniversary

On Wednesday Brady and I celebrated 16 years of marriage! We had such a fun day. He was supposed to teach institute that evening so I really just thought we wouldn't do much to celebrate. I suggested going to lunch since I knew he would be gone in the evening and we decided to go on a picnic. I made chicken salad croissants and a cheeseball, bought some cherries and a bottle of sparkling apple juice and we went to a nice, quiet park with a beautiful lake. We hd a lot of fun eating lunch together. Here are some pictures.


Brady said this is what 16 years of marriage will do to you! :)

So, after the picnic lunch I thought our "celebrating" was over. Wrong! He had secretly arranged for a substitute for his institute class that night, schemed with Meghann to babysit for us and he took me to Carrabas for dinner. Carrabas is a delicious, fancy Italian restaurant that we only eat at on very special ocassions. It was so yummy. After that we went to Downtown Disney where we met a freind who works there and we shopped with her cast discount (which was 40% off!). I was excited about that. We bought a Mickey tree skirt that I have wanted for a long time but would never pay full price for. We also bought some more ornaments for our Disney tree, a tie for Brady, a Mickey bobble head for his office, and a few other Christmas gifts! It was such a fun evening together and I was surprised that Brady went to all that effort to plan it. What a great husband I have!

3 comments:

The Nixon Two said...

That Wednesday sounds very much like the story line in O'Henry's short story entitled, "Gift of the Magi" I am glad that Brady is a good husband.

nixon5 said...

sounds like a fun day. Glad you could spend some time together. We miss you guys.
wish we were there.

Meg and Jeremy said...

Congrats on 16 years together that is awesome! It is hard to believe that it has been that long, aren't you both still in your 20's? Well I guess when I think about the fact that Jeremy and I have been married for eight then it seems right. Although it sometimes feels like we aren't old enough for that to be possible either. Congrats again. We miss you guys.