Monday, December 17, 2007

Outdoor Christmas Concert

Well...tonight was the big night. Our 5th annual outdoor neighborhood Christmas concert. On Saturday it was almost 80 degrees, and today it didn't even reach 60 so I was very nervous about the COLD weather, but these Floridians love to "dress up" in their warm coats (that we have to dust off) hats, mittens, etc. and we had a BIG turnout! The cold weather made it seem like it really should be Christmastime. We had a fire going, delicious hot chocolate and 6 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts! Oh, not to mention the great piano playing of my husband. We had a few other talents shared from neighbors, a violin piece and a few other piano pieces, and Courtney and Tucker sang a song that was quite darling. I'm going to try to get it on Youtube and post it. Anyway, here are some pictures. It really was a lot of fun.

Meghann and Natalie



Meredith and Kent

Okay, Meredith took a fuzzy picture of us (she's a professional scrapbooker for pete's sake!) but look - I'm wearing a COAT!

The reason for our concert - my musical husband.

Three cute Santas!

3 comments:

nixon5 said...

looks like it was a lot of fun.
What a great Idea!

nixon5 said...

by the way I also LOVE the pink violin.

Joanna said...

Honestly you spoiled people in Florida are such babies with 50 degree weather. See me crying.....with jealousy!
I told Tyler about how Melinda and Brady would play and the next thing you know I am crying like a baby. Oh the great memories.