Friday, May 1, 2009

Getting a Workout

What's your machine of choice when going for a workout? A treadmill?



Maybe a nice set of weights?

Not me. When I need a good workout, I go straight for this baby...

my Bernina. Ahhh, there's not much else that can get my heart beating like Bernie (unless it's Brady, of course...)
This week my exercises have included:
Three blankets for wedding gifts


*warning* Mom and Mom-in-law - close your eyes for this next picture!
Two towels for Mother's Day




Another bag for some lady in my mom's ward. I can't wait to visit her ward again and see all of my tote bags on display! Seriously though, this one is so darn cute. It just needs two tickets to Hawaii and it could have a really nice life...

t-shirt for brother-in-law (and sorry that it took so long!)

Apron for nephew on mission

(Michelle, this one is to celebrate his 1-year mark so you can include it in the next package you send him. It's in mom's mother's day package being mailed to her house)

Speaking of aprons, look at the name of this mission! I did about 6 or 7 aprons this past week from orders off my website. Woot woot! I even did two for a mission president/mom. It's so exciting to see this little venture pick up speed!!

When Brady says I've been in my cave all week, I lovingly remind him it's not the cave - it's the Cave of Creativity.

It has a much nicer ring, don't you think?

And no wonder I feel like I need a nap.

But, if Bernie could talk, I'll bet she'd say SHE was the one getting the workout.

(and she'd be right)

3 comments:

Chapman Herd said...

WOuld you like Jeff to pronounce that mission for you in the Ukraine? :-) you have been busy! I LOVE being in my dungeon...although this week has been TOO crazy for me to even OPEN my new saw..(Sniff, Sniff) All Projects look great!

Hydes said...

Steph, Thanks so much for doing that apron for Brandon. I kept meaning to ask you to do one with his mission on it, and have forgotten. Thanks for the thought, he will love it!

allredclan said...

Why can't I get my butt downstairs in my dungeon and produce these beautiful things like you do? You really do beautiful work, Steph.

Oh, and the machine of choice for me for workouts is my ipod, my running shoes, and the street! My friends talked me into running a half marathon this August. Holy frijoles. 13.1 miles.