Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wrapping Up the May Birthdays...

Meghann at the recent 8th grade dance

...is Meghann! The first-born, but she has to wait until almost the last day of May (and after one brother and one sister celebrate May birthdays) before hers rolls around.

Ahhh...it's always worth the wait though!

And now, 14 Things I Love About Meghann:

1. She is ultra-creative. I came across so many pictures in her folder of things she has created that I couldn't decide which one to post. This is a simple one of a sculpey doll she made. She has also made sculpey Harry Potter characters, Charley Brown characters, a nativity scene, and on and on. She loves to draw, color, and lately she has taken up sewing. She made an apron, bonnet, and dress for her upcoming Pioneer trek. It does my heart good to see her love sewing.


2. She loves to read. And read and read and read.

3. She loves being dramatic. Oops...I mean she loves being in drama. And she's quite good at it.

4. She has some great friends. Here she is with her best friend Natalie.


5. She is an excellent student. She has surpassed both Brady and me on her math ability (where did she get that from???) and she excels in so many areas.


6. Her smile. Whenever she smiles big it just reminds me of the same cute smile she had when she was little.


7. Every now and then, she does something that just surprises us all.

8. Her gorgeous blonde hair. She's like me - fighting the frizz here in Florida, but she's got so much natural curl that it's just beautiful - humid or not.

9. She is a great big sister. Her younger siblings adore her and LOVE her to be the babysitter (could it be that she makes all-you-can-eat popcorn when we're gone??)


10. She's very obedient. The reason I posted this picture about "obedience" is whenever I tell her that her make-up is a little too overdone, she fixes it. She's a good girl.

11. She'll try new things. Lacrosse was something new for her. She discovered that she really doesn't like to run all that much (I don't either. Maybe she gets that from me too...) Notice I said she'll try new "things" - not to be confused with "she'll try new foods." Not happening. She's a very picky eater.

12. She's a collector. Now she has to get this from Brady. His office is like a museum, and her bedroom is quickly becoming one too. She has many fun collections. I found this picture in her folder and thought, "Now when did she take all of the spices off my spice rack and take pictures of her Littlest Pet Shop characters (which are now residing in the attic)?" Must have been sometime when I was gone.

13. She loves to grow things. I'm so glad she has a green thumb. Here she is picking strawberries at Pappys (she didn't grow these) but she started a garden last year with Natalie and she's done a great job at growing many things. Her favorite thing to grow is marigolds. We've started calling her Marigold Meghann because she takes the little seed things out of the dead marigolds and replants them. My front flower bed is teeming with marigolds that she planted from seed.

14. She's very dependable. Is this an oldest-child syndrome? I'm not sure, but Meghann is awesome at being dependable.


We love you, Meghann! Have a great 14th Birthday!

4 comments:

TaYloRcD5 said...

happy birthday Meg!!! I love love love your dress. Steph did you make that? She looks so grown up in it. She is beautiful!!!

allredclan said...

Happy Birthday to you, Meghann! We all love you and miss you so much! (Morgan especially, who is sitting here next to me reading Breaking Dawn..again) And I, for one, am insanely jealous of those curls of yours!!!

The Nixon Two said...

Happy Birthday Meghann!! We enjoyed looking at all the pictures of you growing up and all the many talents you have. Love the dress for your school dance, cute dresses are hard to find. We love and miss you.

nixon5 said...

hope your day was the best. Happy birthday meghann