Sunday, January 3, 2010

Annual Canoe Trip

Over the Christmas break we made our annual canoe trip with the Shepherd and Bateman families. It's always so much fun - beautiful scenery, beautiful weather, delicious lunch - it doesn't get much better than that. Well...if someone would paddle my canoe for me it might get better. (Brady is probably thinking, "Wait a minute, I DO paddle the canoe for you!)
Enjoy some pictures from our float down the Econlockahatchee River:

One of about 2 turtles we saw. The gang in Tucker's canoe also saw two alligators!


Starting a fire to fry up some mean burgers and dogs for lunch.

Finding relief - the natural way.

Brady roasted these mallows to absolute perfection - then gave them to me on a s'more. Now that's true love (and it was the best s'more I've ever tasted).


It wouldn't be a canoe trip without playing on the "bouncy palm tree." Sight of this tree means we have arrived for lunch!

We call this canoe the "Beauty Barge." Those four girls had a great time together.

Look at the reflection of the trees in this picture! Gorgeous.


My view in front
My view behind. I'm not sure which is better!

The whole gang (minus photographer Kent). Notice - I'm the only wife! How do I get roped into these things???


2 comments:

Joanna said...

because you aren't a wimp is my guess.

nixon5 said...

what a fun tradition.