Friday, September 14, 2007

Spencer's Birthday - and a day off school!


Yesterday was Spencer's birthday, and conveniently we had the day off of school also - Jewish holiday. We took the kids to Wet N' Wild. We also took our neighbor, Nate Shepherd. We had given him a day at WNW for his birthday a few weeks ago. It was so nice to go on a weekday when other counties weren't out of school! The lines were short, not a lot of people, it was wonderful! We rode every ride in the park (well, some of us who are brave rode every ride in the park) and some rides twice. We did find that Spencer has a fear of a few rides and he would not try one because of something a neighbor told him about it. I didn't force him (it was his birthday, after all) but I'm going to see if we can get him to try it next time. We didn't get rained out either so it was a great day.

Spencer opted for Krispy Kreme donuts instead of a birthday cake. Yeah for mom! I remember two years ago when I made him a Spiderman cake - worked all day on it (okay, maybe not ALL day) but had it decorated up cute and when it came time to eat it he said, "Ice cream only please!" What? No cake? Then he told me that he doesn't really like cake. So before I even started thinking of what kind of cake we were going to make this year, I suggested donuts and he loved the idea. So we stopped on the way home from WNW and had a great time eating donuts.

For his birthday he got two Lego sets (thanks Mom and Dad), some crocs (an imitation of them) and a LEFT handed baseball glove. He was excited about that. Our friend Nate who we took to WNW gave him a $15 gift card to Target and at the end of the day, he said that was his favorite gift. Go figure! All I had to do was get him a gift card and save myself the trouble of shopping. Oh well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea Spencer now you and G-ma can share baseball mitts !!!!!
Cute wrapping paper...do you have snowmen in Florida???

AF Nixons said...

Okay, you caught me using Christmas wrapping paper for a September birthday! But when I can buy it after Christmas for 75% off, it gets used all year round (at least for my kids).