Thursday, February 14, 2008

I Love This Day of Love

I love Valentine's Day! I've had so much fun the past few days getting little gifts ready for my husband, my kids, school teachers, the crossing guards, neighbors, you name it! I've made more of these little heart baskets than I care to count, but after 10 or so, I got pretty fast at it. I think they're darling and just the right size to hold a few treats for the kids. Meghann, Courtney and Brady got a ticket to see the Hannah Montana movie and the boys got Bruster's gift cards (our favorite ice cream joint) so tonight we'll divide and conquer, Brady with the girls and me with the boys. Brady and I are going to lunch, lest you think we aren't celebrating OUR love, and I'm sure we'll have some quiet time later too! :)

Hearts, hearts, hearts!

Here is how the table looked when everyone woke up this morning.

Pink heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast...okay, some were more like blobs than hearts but it was the thought that counts!

Close up of a heart

4 comments:

Joanna said...

what a good mom you are. Those hearts are too cute.

nixon5 said...

way cute hearts. sounds like a fun day. I think I might even get to see my husband today...crossing my fingers. He is coming from new mexico and chances are it will be late and i will be asleep. But maybe before midnight so he can say he was home on v-day. It was fun with the kids anyway. Hope you all have fun tonight.

Bekah: said...

how cute! what a great mom you are. your kids and hubby must feel so loved!

Chapman Herd said...

You go Stephanie! I myself HATE valentines day! But all those things you made are darling!