Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Perfect Day

Yesterday was just about as good as it gets. First, because it was Saturday. Second, because we didn't really have anything planned that we HAD to do (besides the broadcast from Salt Lake). Third, the weather was absolutely gorgeous. Brady went to the 8:00 a.m. broacast while I had a yard sale with a few friends, then in the afternoon Brady did some yard work, we took the kids plus a neighbor to Pappy's Strawberry Patch and picked berries, we ordered pizza for dinner, then we invited all the neighbors over to watch "Game Plan" outside in the driveway. That was a very good movie, and rated G too! It's hard to find "G" rated movies these days. Anyway, it was just such a nice day but after reading Joanna's blog about negative temperatures, I don't want to say too much about our 78ish, balmy Florida weather. Just remember, we'll be paying for it in July! :)


Tucker was very proud of this heard-shaped strawberry he picked.





3 comments:

nixon5 said...

All I can say is Yummy! those look so good and tasty. What a fun day. We actually had snow melting yesterday and we can see parts of our dirt again.

The Nixon Two said...

I hope that is a Yankee shirt I see on your back

Brian & Veronica said...

Yes, I've been to florida in July! Stifling! I couldn't even jog at 6:00am w/o losing my breath after a block. More like I couldn't suck in that hot air! But, from the pictures I've seen, we're rooting for Florida too, it would be a fun experience to be there! And strawberries in February! Totally jealous! Totally, totally jealous. I can't even find strawberries in the grocery stores here, let alone a feild--which are non-existant now that we have snow and 62 mile an hour winds! Aaaaah. I can't wait for the warm weather! Beautiful pictures, and I like your picture, Stephanie, without glasses! You're gorgeous!
Love, Veronica