Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Few Projects

I have been working on a few projects lately that have been a ton of fun. The first is a baby quilt a friend asked me to bind. She wanted the satin binding embroidered with the baby's name, date, weight, and what the baby's name means. At first I told her that was beyond my abilities but she was persistent and I finally gave in. I'm glad I did - I learned something new and it turned out beautifully.

Next I made a few bags that some of my mom's friend's wanted. I've made the lady bug fabric before, but I absolutely loved the way the other bag turned out (Kristin's). I liked it so much I considered changing my name and keeping it for myself!


A few days ago I came across a blog (I think it was a link from my cousin Adrian's blog so thanks, Adrian!) and there was a tutorial on how to make a reversible eye glass case. I thought the girls would like that so I made them each one. They were simple and easy to make but turned out so cute.


(this picture shows the inside pulled out so you can see the lining fabric too)

9 comments:

** Adrian ** said...

SOO cute!! I wish I was as talented as you are at making everything!! The baby blanket is DARLING, the bags look like you bought them at a store & I love the eye glass cases!! (You're welcome for sharing the blog--what blog did you find them on?!?) They're so cute!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful projects!!! I just wish I could re-create them!!

Joanna said...

stop.....I can't keep up. You are amazing.

** Adrian ** said...

Hey--I have a question for you! How did you add the text box that has the html code for your missionary aprons button?? I've been trying to add the same thing to my photography blog, but all it does is put in the actual button & not the text. Can you give me the secret?!? THANKS!

nixon5 said...

Love the ladybug bag sooo cute.
You are very talented.

The Nixon Two said...

I still love my bag!!! And the Quilt is darling. you'll have to tell us what you learned sewing on the binding.

allredclan said...

Is there anything you don't do? ;) Every single one of your projects are absolutely darling.

Chapman Herd said...

I still LOVE my bag! LOVE, LOVE my bag!

TaYloRcD5 said...

How cute. I love the blanket!!! Can my name be Kristin????

TaYloRcD5 said...

okay.....am i the only one that doesn't have a bag?????