Monday, March 2, 2009

What Remains

SO! After one night in the hospital, three days of pain medication, passing out in the hospital wheelchair (too MUCH pain medication!), three meals from the Relief Society, general anesthesia to undergo surgery, LOTS of resting on the couch, countless phone calls of well wishes, and passing eight little stones that were once one rather LARGE stone, this is what remains:




One nasty old bruise from where the nurse missed when trying to insert an IV before surgery.

Glad that week from Kidney Stone *#$^% is over. I think I've passed it all, I can't imagine there are more than eight pieces! I asked Brady if he thought it would be alright to post a picture of the stones and he said, "No, it would be gross." I said I thought it would be fascintating. He said, "Not everyone shares your fascination for things that come out of the body." So, if you DO share my fascination, email me and I'll sneak you a picture. I'm not fascinated with everything that comes out of the body. Just kidney stones. And pimples. It's my sickness.

I'm so glad to be back among the living and thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your phone calls, prayers, well wishes, thoughts, flowers (I still need to send you a picture mom and dad!). It really is a small miracle that life is back to normal already.

Now, bring on the bills! (UGH!!!)

9 comments:

** Adrian ** said...

I'm glad to hear you're on the mend!! Hopefully there aren't any tiny stones left!! I feel for you with your nurse "missing" on the iv...that happened to me one day when I was in the hospital on bedrest. They were afraid they may have to do my c-section that day because of some complications(they didn't end up doing it that day!), so they wanted me to have an iv --just in case--. Well, the nurse tried to put in the iv while I was having an ultrasound with all the lights OUT & needless to say she couldn't see what she was doing & she MISSED. After that every time the machine took my blood pressure it felt like my hand was going to EXPLODE!!! What a nasty bruise yours left!!! Sometimes I wish that I bruised easily 'cause a lot of times my bruises don't LOOK as bad as they FEEL! With a bad bruise at least you have something to show your pain!! haha OK--sorry for talking your ear off!! Take Care! =D

Natalie said...

I didn't know you had problems with kidney stones. Glad everything went well!! That's a relief. Hope it stays that way.

I made that cookie recipe you posted a while back and they were seriously some of the BEST cookies we've ever had!! Thanks so much for posting that! It's a keeper!

Joanna said...

Tyler had one of those from where a nurse missed as well. Glad you are on the upside of all of this.

nixon5 said...

Glad to see you back into life again. I am glad its over for you and that is one nasty bruise.

allredclan said...

What bruise? All I can see it a beautiful wedding ring, and fingernails to die for!!!

p.s. I really can see the bruise, but at least your hand it pretty to look at! ;)

K Bailey said...

Glad you're okay! Nothing like hitting that deductible in the beginning of the year!!!

Chapman Herd said...

I am with you on fascinating things that come out of the body! Glad you are feeling back to normal!

Bekah: said...

bless your little heart. i've heard that is the most painful thing ever. i am glad you had lots of people help you!

TaYloRcD5 said...

uuuggghhhhh!!! not fun. I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. I can't believe that bruise!! Those nurses are mean!!!