Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Something For Me

I am so happy! I just finished my first real attempt at a quilt. The pattern is called "Turning Twenty." You take twenty fat quarters and turn it into this quilt top:


or any other quilt top when you choose 20 different fat quarters. That's what I love about this pattern, you can make it over and over again but choose different fabrics and it's a whole new quilt. I love putting fabrics together and while I don't think this one turned out quite like I'd imagined, I'm happy with my first attempt. Now I just have to machine quilt it and bind it...two big challenges since I'm not a pro at either, but it's all about the learning, right?
Can't wait to snuggle up with my honey and this quilt on the couch. Probably won't happen to next winter though the way things are heating up around here. We're using the A/C already!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Where can I get that pattern? I have been wanting to try one. You did a great job. My machine is in getting a tune up and it usually takes her 2 weeks. I miss it when it is gone. I don't realize how much I use it.

allredclan said...

Stephanie! I love it! I have that pattern and it is so fun to make. I love how simple it is, and yet makes such a striking quilt. Nice job. Nice selection on the colors, and congratulations on your first quilt "attempt." I love it!