Sunday, April 5, 2009

Brains vs. Common Sense


Today I was cleaning off the clutter from the kitchen cupboard. I asked Tucker to put down his book and come do a few jobs for me. I pointed to a tool sitting on the cupboard and said, "Go put that in dad's tool box."

A few minutes later Brady came to take care of two receipts that were on the cupboard, to find only ONE receipt there. He looked all over for the other one but could not find it. I thought, "Ah ha" and walked to the garage to where the tool box lives. There, in the top of the tool box was the missing receipt. And there, on the kitchen cupboard, the needle nose pliers sat.

I have to smile a little at Tucker's lack of common sense because it reminds me of myself, really. My dad used to tell me I had plenty of brains but lacked common sense. (Was he calling me a dumb blonde???) Well, Tucker has enough brains for at least two people his age, but common sense...well, the tool/receipt incident is just one example. He is famous for hiding things from his brothers, only to completely forget where he hid them. I need to look on the internet and see if that is a common thing because I know quite a few "brilliant" kids who are a little on the ditzy side. Oh well, we're still okay for a few more years until he gets behind the wheel of a car. That's when my ditzy side caused me grief. But I got over it - I haven't been pulled over since about 1998! (I hope I didn't just jinx myself).

1 comment:

TaYloRcD5 said...

Tucker totally cracks me up!!!!