Saturday, November 15, 2008

Bye Bye Brown Bag

Ever since Meghann started middle school, she didn't want to carry any old regular lunch box to school anymore. She started carrying a brown paper bag, or even worse, a plastic grocery sack with her lunch in it! So when I saw a class offered at Bernina for a darling lunch bag, I asked the girls if they would carry one in some cute fabric that they had picked out. They said yes so I signed up for the class. It was so fun to make these cute bags. The fabric is covered in vinyl so it's waterproof AND it's insulated so the hot stays hot, cold stays cold...you get it. Courtney chose the turquoise color with a brown inside. I made hers first and then Meghann decided it was a little too big for her so I had to figure out how to downsize the second one a little. I'm amazed and thrilled that it actually turned out!


This is the fabric that Meghann chose (it also matches the makeup bag I made for her). Now they can carry their lunch in style!

4 comments:

nixon5 said...

Soooo cute. I love the colors on both of them. Way to go stephanie, as always great job on anything you sew.

The Nixon Two said...

those are sooo cute and looks like you did a great job of down sizeing way to go Stephanie!!! I love how creative you are.

Joanna said...

holy cow I love those! I want one and I don't even need one. You did a GREAT job!

allredclan said...

Steph, I love them! You amaze me with the things you turn out on your sewing machine. When my kids wanted different lunch bags I just headed to Wal*Mart. I never dreamed of actually making them. Great job!