Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday - We Woke, We Shopped, We Conquered

3:00 a.m. - Woke up because nature was calling. Toss and turn for 50 minutes, trying to force myself back to sleep, but no luck.

3:50 a.m. - Alarm goes off for an already-awake me.

4:00 a.m. - Leave the house with Meghann who confesses that she woke up at 3:00 too - we should have just left then! But she was able to fall back asleep. Lucky.

4:20 a.m. - Drop Meghann off at Kohl's with my money and list to do my shopping while I wait in line at Sports Authority.

5:00 a.m. - Enter Sport's Authority. Get my $10 savings coupon.

5:10 a.m. - Leave Sports Authority with goods in tow. Head to Kohls to rescue Meghann from the maddening crowds.

5:40 a.m. - Leave Kohl's with goods in tow. Head to JoAnn's to wait for 6:00 a.m. opening.

6:00 a.m. - Enter JoAnn's, load my cart with $1.49 a yard flannel, pick a number for getting fabric cut - only three numbers ahead of me. Woo Hoo! Until I find out that the lady in front of me has about 100 bolts of flannel that she wants cut. No kidding. I can't believe there was any flannel left for the rest of us.
7:10 a.m. - Leave JoAnns, head to Ashley Furniture who is having a 20% off sale until 9 am. Lucky me, I've been eyeing something there. Talk to my mom on the phone while shopping at Ashley - it's only 5:30 in Utah and they were at the Chocolate Factory. What??? Some people just have to have their morning chocolate I guess.

8:00 a.m. - Head to Target. Can't find what I need - they were obviously wiped out by the 5 am crowd and nothing is left for the second wave. Call my mom back on the cell phone and she finds it there in Utah! Love having them two hours behind us where the shelves are still stocked.

9:00 a.m. - Quik stop at Aeropostle where everything is at least 50% off!

9:20 a.m. - Breakfast at McDonalds - I'm not really lovin' it, but Meghann loves their bagel breakfast sandwiches so I treat her (is McDonalds really considered a treat??? Only on Black Friday...)

9:30 a.m. - return home to give van to Brady so he can head out.

5:00 p.m. - Head to mall with SIX kids (and a husband, gratefully)! That's right - SIX kids. Meet Eric who has been our foster child this week. His family went on a Thanksgiving cruise and he got to spend the week with us! (I think he got ripped off...but we've had tons of fun with him here). 10:30 p.m. - can't keep my eyes open a minute longer. Crash and burn...it was a successful day!

7 comments:

nixon5 said...

Way to go stephanie and megahann. It sounds alot like my day but my day turned with lots of no lucks. and I didnt even get to crash until midnight. Its amazing how 2-3 hours sleep for moms is really all we need anyway right?

Bekah: said...

I am exhausted just reading about all of your successes!

Joanna said...

OH.MY.GOSH. Are you KIDDING me? That made me tired reading it. I need to know is it all really worth it or is it just part of the tradition? How fun for Meghann to go with you.

Chapman Herd said...

I love Black Friday! I witnessed an all out brawl over the $88 jeep trucks at Walmart! (I love cat fights) Your morning was MUCH more eventful than mine but funny thing is?? I went to McDonalds for breakfast too!

allredclan said...

Ok, seriously... Just reading that made me need a nap.

p.s. I was a bit (a lot) worried for Meghann alone at Kohl's after hearing what Liseanne encountered in the local Wal*mart. Maybe next time you should send her with some pepper spray just in case. ;)

TaYloRcD5 said...

WOW!!!! I can't believe Meghann went to Kohls alone!!! I wouldn't expect her to do that. How nice that she is old enough to do that and help you out. Did she get everything that she went in for?

Yes chocoalte is good at 5:30 in the morning, you should try it.

Wish you would have been here with us!!! Oh the day will come, and it will be GLORIOUS!!!! (did I really just say that??)

The Nixon Two said...

I have to admitt that I too like going out early on black friday. But there was NO way I would have gone this year with my arm in a sling. "ladies" searching for bargins can be very scarry. Sounds like you and Meghann had fun.