Sunday, November 9, 2008

Jackpot!

Rememer this from my post on "quirks?" Well...my wonderful Grandma, being the resourceful lady that she is, went to work and found it for me! Guess where?





Maverik of all places! Can you believe it? You're probably nowhere near as excited as I am, but this is big for me! Now when my girls ask if they can take a swipe of it across their chapped lips, I won't cringe so hard, thinking that it's one less swipe for my lips! Or when Brady goes to kiss me just after I've applied my nightly slather, I won't resist. I'll kiss him back and then slather again! Oh, the joy. Now, if only we had a corner Maverik store, I'd really be livin' large. But, alas, I'll have to add it to my "list of things to stock up on when we go to Utah" list. But that's okay, one more reason to visit, right?



Thank you grandma! (look for a more formal "thank you" card coming in the mail...)


P.S. I've got so much to post about from a whirlwind weekend...new kitchen appliances and our Great Day in the Country craft fair! Hopefully there will be time tomorrow...my blogging time today went instead to making homemade buttermilk waffles for breakfast (thanks for your recipe Joanna), homemade manicotti AND homemade french bread for dinner (thanks AGAIN Joanna, I used your green cookbook twice today!) and finally, hot fudge pudding cake for dessert. We traded in the Nixon popcorn tradition for the Waite HFPC (short for hot fudge pudding cake but now it's not so short when I had to write what it stood for!) this week. Most were okay with the idea, but I'm sure they'll be asking for their popcorn again next week!

5 comments:

nixon5 said...

glad that you found somewhere.
Also in answer to you question on my blog. Ususally cutest blog on the block or Dots. ANd I am a girl of change I love to rearrange my house, closets, drawers, etc. I love to change things to fresh and new so that is why I always change my blog and it take me like 2 min. if that. If it took longer I have not the time for that LOL.

The Nixon Two said...

Grandmas are the greatest bunch followed closely by Grandpas. If you don't believe me, ask their grandchildren!! You will have to guess if this entry was written by Grandma or Grandpa!

TaYloRcD5 said...

Okay your sunday dinner and dessert sound TO DIE FOR!!!! My mouth was watering just reading about it!!!

K Bailey said...

Oh I do the same thing with Kevin after I've put on my night-time chapstick too!!! Now I don't feel as guilty. And how about you post the recipe for that cake?

Chapman Herd said...

Stephanie, That is funny your chapstick is sold at Maverick! I go there all the time for drinks! I'll have to buy some for myself and try it! I LOVE A GOOD CHAPSTICK!