Saturday, November 15, 2008

Look What the Mailman Brought

Today when I got home from a craft show Brady handed me this letter that came in the mail:








He had a funny little grin on his face and when I turned the letter over, I figured out why. Look what I saw on the back:!!!






Remember our President Monson pumpkin? Well, at father-in-law Galen's suggestion we wrote a brief letter to President Monson which all the kids signed and included a few photos of the pumpkin in his honor. We told the kids not to expect a letter back, that we just wanted him to see the pumpkin. Well, we were definitley surprised and excited that we did get a letter back - especially the kids. It was cute to see Jordan who is just learning to read turn the letter over and figure out that it said, "Thomas S. Monson" at the top. His eyes got very big!
Thanks for the suggestion Grandpa Galen!

9 comments:

nixon5 said...

What a great treasure. That is so wondreful for the kdis too.

Joanna said...

that is wonderful! WOW!

K Bailey said...

that is SO COOL!!! I'm going to link it from my blog!

** Adrian ** said...

WOW--that is SO awesome!! What an incredible gift from such an incredibly busy man!! Definitely a treasure!! I love it!!

The lunch bags are awesome, too!! I love the fabric!! Great job!

Angela* said...

That is amazing. Our Prophet is such a thoughful guy!
Your blog is always so fun to read.

CASSIE said...

No WAY! That is so neat! FRAME IT!!

TaYloRcD5 said...

HOLY BUCKETS!!!!! THat is AWESOME!! That is so neat that he took the time to write you . Lucky Butts!!!

Lindsay said...

How amazing is that. What a family keepsake that will be. I can't imagine ever receiving something from the prophet. Just awesome. Love, The Rhoton's

Lucy said...

Dear Nixons, today we got your letter, it really made our day. Of course, I could not resist getting into your blog site and enjoy some more of your family news. I loved Jordans Indiana Jones pictures and your anniversary then and now photos. I did not see any of this pumkin so I was curious as to exactly what it was like.
We are always glad to hear from you and hope to see you soon. I loved the aprons, what a neat Idea!
I was so surprised at seeing how big the boys are, I cant believe Jordan is in school!
I loved Tuckers Shark, that is very boyish.
we were glad to know of spencers Baptism, it is great to turn 8 and
officially be a member of the church.
I can see both Meghann and Courtney are very smart and talented. Maybe when we get back we can see them perform or dance.
We are well and getting as much as we can done. the next few weeks will be slow since most everyone is on vacations, but it will give us some time to spend with the missionarie, go to the Temple and even some sight seeing.
We will see you next year, we love you and dont you dare move before we get back.
Love, Lucy and Justo