Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Present


Since I don't have a scanner at home, I am going to type this letter that Tucker brought home from school today. He said he couldn't wait until Christmas and he just had to give Brady and me our present early.

It was this lovely, laminated letter - complete with magnets all over the back so we could hang it on the fridge.

Here's what it said (so you don't have to try to read it from the picture)

"I am so thankful for my family, even though one of them has marked me for life. Just kidding - no seriously.

I'm thankful for my sisters, even though they totally overreact. Overreaction is more of my oldest sister's problem though. Her name is Meghann and according to my dad she's "flurteen." My other sister is more of the athletic type. A definite leader in my book. I'm so thankful for them. They have made me explore the adventurous world of sports and books, but I have to ask myself where does Meghann get her taste in books?

My parents, they're the best! My dad has taught me the piano, and how to work in the yard! My mom she is caring, loving, and cooks our delicious food. In other words she's technically our maid. I couldn't have asked for better parents.

Brothers, let's just say don't upset them - EVER. Jordan, well he is obsessed, first with Star Wars, then Indiana Jones, now Harry Potter. I take the blame for the last one. Spencer is playful, and an attacker. There is a woeful tale regarding me and him, marshmallows and a fake war, and 911. That however, is a different story. Still they always have my back. Also they'll obey me like I'm their parent. It just takes a little bribing on my part. That's all.

Overall, I've got a great family who helps a cursed kid get to the hospital on every single vacation. My incredible family couldn't be better and where would I be without them? I am so thankful for them this holiday season!

Love,
Tucker

I laughed and laughed and laughed when I read this. His sense of humor cracks me up. After that gift, what more could a mom want for Christmas? (maybe four more love letters!)

3 comments:

Joanna said...

I love your new header! This letter is priceless!! I LOVE it! Really who could ask for more?

The Nixon Two said...

I really am inpressed with his writing style, his wit, and his semantics. But then, what English major would not be. Also the letter is a great tribute to the family in general. Way to go!!!

TaYloRcD5 said...

Oh my heck!! He is ALMOST as funny as me.............please do tell him that he inherited that from me. He is a crackup!! I don't think someone his age should even know some of those words he used.............he is a smartie pants!!! Thanks for the good laugh. What a great gift Tucker, love you loads!!!