Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Giving

Here are some of my favorite presents to give this year:

1. New aprons to all five kids. The boys' were in coordinating khaki/burgandy/blue fabric and the girls' were reversible in fabrics that matched their personalities.

2. A Chef hat for Spencer. Actually, this was Brady's present to give, but I helped him make it and I knew Spencer would flip over it. He was so excited he would have done a cartwheel if he could have! We draw names among the family and exchange a homemade gift on Christmas Eve. Brady was wondering what to make for Spencer and I told Brady I thought he would love a chef hat. His smile was so big and he said over and over, "I love it!"


3. I made a banner to hang on the wall for all of the various scout badges Tucker has accumulated that don't have to go on his uniform (such as one from the Pinewood Derby, two from scout camp, a few from Family Fest, his whittling chip badge etc.). He really liked it! (Jordan is showing off the homemade sword and shield Spencer made for him.)

4. Brady has wanted a Bose CD player/radio for as long as I can remember. I was never really sold on the idea until I heard one playing at a friend's house a few month's ago. Then I found out there was a factory outlet store in Orlando not far from where we live. So I saved a chunk of the money I made from the craft fairs I did this fall and surprised Brady with this Bose. It was so hard not to tell him because it was the biggest secret present I think I've bought! I sneaked away during the day when everyone was at school/work, drove myself to the heart of tourist land to the outlet mall, bought the stereo, then came home and stashed it at my neighbor's house until Christmas Eve. Then I wrapped it all up fancy with a big heart made of bows on the front.


I think he loved it!

5 comments:

TaYloRcD5 said...

Looks so fun!! Brady actually looks like he is in HEAVEN!!! The aprons are so stinkin cute!!! Oh and the HAT!!! Spencer looks like a stud!!! You go Spenny!! Love and miss you all!!

Joanna said...

love the home made gift idea. I can't believe how much you sew. It gives me hope that when all my kids are gone I will have a few extra minutes to do that. Even though I know with them all gone you are still just as busy, but I can hope right?!

Chapman Herd said...

I agree with Joanna..the homemade gift Idea is awesome! How fun!

The Nixon Two said...

Doubting Thomas( the "G" in the blog address) says: "I have not actually seen the BOSE. All I see is a box that says BOSE on it."

nixon5 said...

What fun gifts! They all look so happy with them all.