Sunday, January 20, 2008

January in Florida

I don't mean to rub in our WARM winter weather for all of you who are freezing in snow somewhere...really...but I had to post this picture of the kids. It was Thursday night and since there was no school on Friday they asked if they could go outside and play "Bigfoot." (Jim and Michelle, you've started a tradition in our family with that game.) So they were outside playing and it started to sprinkle. They asked if they could get their swimming suits on and I agreed. When I said yes Tucker said, "Are you feeling okay?" He was amazed that I said yes. Anyway, then pretty soon they asked for a freezie pop (or Otter Pops as we call them). So, here they were at 8:00 at night, playing in the rain and eating popsicles. It reminded me of the book, "If You Give a Pig a Pancake." My version would start something like, "If you let five kids outside at night to play Bigfoot, pretty soon they'll ask if they can get their swimming suits on..."

Anyway, here's the picture.

3 comments:

Chapman Herd said...

Very Jealous of your weather! I am tired of snow and cold!

nixon5 said...

I am so coveting right now. Thanks for the pictures its fun to see the warm weather because than I know that warm weather does exsist and that it will happen again one day. I told brian I was going to go outside and plant some flowers in the snow, just so i could see some. That looked like a lot of fun.

The Nixon Two said...

I will remember this picture tomorrow when Annice and I will be moving 6-8 inches of white stuff that is in the forecast sans the tractor! At least it is a holiday so we won't have to get up early to do it.