Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Preview

Last night was our ward trunk-or-treat party. We had a great time but sorely missed our dad who was teaching institute at another church building. BUT, he did carve us a winning pumpkin before we all headed off in separate directions. Here he is working away on it.


And now...drum roll please!



I give you President Monson on a pumpkin. Doesn't it look great? But, as my friend said, "You tell Brady just because he carved President Monson's face on a pumpkin that doesn't mean he gets a free ticket into the Celestial Kingdom!" Darn. At least we got this cool certificate and these yummy dipped pretzels!

As if carving the prophet on a pumpkin weren't enough, we also decorated the back of the minivan! Here are the cheesecloth ghosts I made to hang. They were quite cute, I think Tucker liked them the most and I loved it when he said, "Oh...those are so cute!" in this sweet little voice.
Brady also made this cool cauldron to stand in the back of the van. Where would I be without an artsy husband???Here's how the van looked:


so much fun!

4 comments:

nixon5 said...

Looks so great. Love all the pumpkins and all the cute decorations.

Joanna said...

wow your van looks great. I love the pumpkin. I need to carve one for the kids like that.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Wow Bro. Nix! You outdid yourself!! The pumpkins are amazing.

TaYloRcD5 said...

WOW!!! Brady is awesome at that! I can't believe that they can do that on a pumpkin. So cool, too bad they rot and you have to throw them out!