Sunday, January 4, 2009

19 People - 6 Canoes - 8 Miles

That about sums up our canoeing trip last Tuesday. The weather was perfect - mid-70's, not a cloud in the sky, not a breeze to be felt (oh, and no humidity!).

And we're off!


There were several tricky spots, and about three times we actually had to get out of the canoes and carry them around trees or other obstructions in the river. All part of the adventure!

Brady cooked up some delicious hamburgers for lunch. I love a good burger cooked over coals.
All of the kids standing around enjoying their burger.
There was a palm tree very similar to this one that was anticipated and talked about by all of the kids all morning long. They call it the "bouncy palm tree" and they couldn't wait to get there and play on it. (several of the group had canoed in and camped here last year so some of the kids knew all about it and talked it up to the rest of the kids).


Is that picture cute or what? Thanks to Kent for wading out in the water in his jeans to get that great shot!


Can you believe my boy's are in swimming suits on December 29th??? I just have to say once more that winters in Florida are payback for us enduring eight months of heat and humidity!

Now...who's coming to visit???

2 comments:

TaYloRcD5 said...

I want to jump off that palm tree!!! That would have been a blast!! My kdis would have been in heaven. So fun to see you in some of the pictures for once.

Joanna said...

I am not commenting any more until I have nice thoughts.

I do love that last picture of the boys though! :)