Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Church Magazines!

So many of you have made comments, sent emails, or called Stephanie to let her know you read her contributions to the Ensign last month. "Did you know she was in their twice?" is what I would always ask those who mentioned it to me. I was so happy for her! We decided to rack our brains to remember all the times any of our family have been in any of the church magazines. Here is the list we came up with. I tried to hyperlink to each article. Those published after 2001 are viewable in a .pdf format online so you can see the pictures as well.

Stephanie didn't want to post this as she was worried that you may think she was tooting her own horn. Not only is she a fantastic wife and mother, she is also humble! :) She really does have good ideas and I'm glad I married her! So here it is, the complete listing of Nixon contributions to the Church Magazines


MOM

Christmas Countdown Ensign, December 2007
Dinnertime Discussions Ensign, February 2008
Q&A Feb 2008 Ensign, February 2008
One short piece in a Church News Q&A

DAD
Navigating Turbulent Waters Ensign, July 2000
In the News: Church Assists Floridians Struck by Tornadoes (Quoted) Liahona, June 2007
FYI Three's Gospel Company (I baptized these triplets and submitted their picture) New Era, April 1993
Journal Entry in LDS Living Magazine about hurricane Katrina clean up efforts.


MEGHANN
Better than First Place Friend, May 2005

COURTNEY
Friends in the News, January 2001, p. 19

TUCKER
Friends in the News, July 2004, p. 47
Missionary Bear Friend, February 2007

SPENCER
Friends in the News, August 2006, p. 27

JORDAN
Nothing... yet!

UPDATE: Imagine our surprise when one day after I published this post the April Church magazines came and what do you know... Jordan (and his brothers) finally made it in the Friend magazine. See April, 2008, p. 47

3 comments:

Joanna said...

toot toot. What a good horn to toot. I am glad that I pointed out to you that she was in there twice. I am a fan!

Bekah: said...

that is so cool! how amazing! looks like you had a fun time with family in town!!!

Connie Babe said...

Found this link via the CHS reunion website.

Beautiful family!

And...I used your empty egg idea for my YW lesson on Easter...didn't even know that I knew the Nixon's that you married into! Thanks!