Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My Tag from my wife

OK, so a while ago my wife "tagged" me in her own blog to see if I actually read her blog. Well, I do, but it has taken me some time to get this together.

A-
Attached or Single? Attached, happily and eternally
B-Best Friends? Stephanie (of course). Dallas Peterson in Snowflake. Probably Kent Shepherd in Florida. In High School it would be a number of friends like Matt Child, Dave Stephens, Sam Toomer, Dave McNaughtan, Michele Stevens. They all still get Christmas cards each year.
C-Cake or Pie? Humm. I love ice cream cake, but nothing beats a Trapper’s Peanut Butter pie from Taylor, AZ... nothing. I miss that place!
D-Day of Choice? Does this mean day of the week or day of the year? I'm not quite sure. I have always loved Friday afternoons because school was out and the weekend was about to begin. Something is/was always happening on this night. Saturdays are great for getting projects done. Sundays are relaxful and needed after a busy week. Mondays can be fun as I look forward to getting back with my students. Tuesdays usually begin very early as I tend to visit early morning seminary classes on this day. BYU devotionals are at 1:00. Wednesdays are currently very busy with a daytime and nighttime classes to teach and a lot of lesson preparation to do. Thursdays are great because I have gotten past the busyness of Wednesdays and that brings us back to Fridays.
E-Essential Item? I’m embarrassed to admit that would be my laptop computer, and deodorant of course.
F-Favorite Color? Green because I was a Clearfield Falcon and Blue, just because I was born with that gene.
G-Gummy Bears or Worms? Gummy Bears the red and white colors.
H-Hometown? West Point, Utah. My children were all born to us in Snowflake, AZ, so even though we no longer live there, it’s like my second hometown as that is where my own family began.
I-Favorite Indulgence? Edy’s (Dryer’s out West) Vanilla Bean ice cream or Jeremiah's Italian Ice, coconut flavor.
J-January or July? That’s hard as my birthday is in July, but living here in FL, I’d have to take January over July, even with my birthday in the summer!
K-Kids? Cinco. In fact, our fifth child was born one day before Cinco de Mayo. At first we were bummed, but then we realized he has a cool birthday 05/04/03.
L-Life isn't complete without? Family, friends, and the gospel... oh, and my laptop :)
M-Marriage Date? December 12, 1991. It was a cold and windy day, but other than that, it was a pretty regular day!
N-Number of Brother's and Sister's? Two brothers and three Sisters. I’m the second of six but the tallest of the bunch.
O-Oranges or Apples? Oranges right off the tree here and then juiced! Nothing can compare.
P-Phobia and Fears? Being called to be a bishop.
Q-Quote? Right now I like the quote from Joseph Smith, “There are many souls whom I have loved stronger than death, to them I have proved faithful–to them I am determined to prove faithful until God calls me to resign upon my breath.”

I first heard this quote in the Joseph Smith movie at the Legacy Theater in the JS Memorial Building. It was a line almost said in passing and I was convinced it was an actual quote from the prophet they had incorporated into the script. As I talked to others about trying to locate the quote, many wondered if I was sure it was an actual quote. I wasn’t sure, but I felt like I recognized the language of the prophet over the writing of a screenwriter. After some searching, I was able to locate the quote. I was so happy. I think the reason I like the quote so much is because I can relate to how Joseph felt. I think of the hundreds of students I have taught and loved, the many priesthood leaders I have worked with and loved, and most importantly, my own family who I love–there are many souls whom I have loved and I am DETERMINED to prove faithful to them. I don’t want there to be any surprises to those whom I have loved when the Lord holds me accountable for all of my thoughts, words, and deeds. For that reason, I am determined to prove myself faithful to them and be the type of person these people believe me to be. Did that make sense? Bottom line, this quote helps me stay on the strait and narrow and make good choices in my life.
R-Reason to Smile? Being happily married. Watching our children grow up. Accepting the direction the Lord is taking our lives together. Looking forward to going on missions with my wife to far away places someday. Good memories of great people who have touched my life.
S-Season of Choice? The fall. School and seminary begin in the fall.
T-Tag Three People? I gave up tag when I was in elementary school. She was a much faster runner than me!
U-Unknown Fact About Me? There is only one job that would get me to leave CES (now called S&I or Seminaries and Institutes of Religion for those who didn’t know)... Any guesses? Take your browser and drag/highlight the text that follows this sentence to see what it is. Secretary to the First Presidency or Quorum of Twelve.
V-Vegetable? I love corn on the cob with lots of butter and some salt. Yum!!! I also love steamed asparagus.
W-Worst Habit? Staying up too late at night on school nights (like tonight trying to get this silly thing finished). Wasting too much time instead of disciplining myself to do something worthwhile and productive. Getting project to about 80% real quick, and then taking much too long to complete the last 20.
X-X-ray or Ultrasound? X-ray Vision of course!!! :)
Y-Your Favorite Food? I love bread – homemade and hot with lots of grains in it. I love a Puerto Rican bread called pan sobao. We ate it all the time on the mission. Thankfully, I have found a Puerto Rican bakery not too far from home where I can buy it again! I also love homemade coconut ice cream! Oh, and Stephanie’s chicken enchiladas.
Z-Zodiac Sign? Cancer. That always freaked me out as a child because I thought it meant that I would get it someday.

4 comments:

AF Nixons said...

Hey...Brady is alive an well and posting on my blog! I'm going to have to change my password though after his Nixon publishing blog...ugh. I love his tag though...can't you see why I married him! He always makes me laugh.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

HAHA. Great post. Good for you for reading her blog. And posting. My husband doesn't read mine because "he is my blog" (according to him).

Joanna said...

hey where is my name in the best friends list?? Oh well I loved reading all this about you..some of it I knew some I did not.

Chapman Herd said...

Loved the Post Brady! Its good to hear from you AND Stephanie! Lots of things I didn't know!