Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Change Commercial


This was one of my favorite "commercials" from Saturday Night Live and about the only thing I remember from my SNL days (thank goodness). The reason I think it is so funny is because I have become that commercial!

We have started an allowance for the kids. Here's the details:

Each child earns one dollar for every year that they have been on the earth. They get paid twice a month (on our pay days) and 10% goes to tithing, 10% to long-term savings. On every birthday they get a "raise" with another 10% going to savings, until their savings and tithing combined reaches 50% of their pay. Complicated? Not at all, when you compare it to what I do at the bank every two weeks!

Here's what I get from the teller:

23 Quarters

9 Dimes

2 Nickels

14 One dollar bills

They always look at me a little wierd but I just smile and say, "Five suckers with that please!" :)

So, you can see why I like this change commercial so much! If only my bank were called CitiWide.


4 comments:

Joanna said...

wow! good for you! I can only imagine the bank teller telling people about the lady who comes in wanting this every two weeks! Funny!

allredclan said...

Brady, you have become your father.

Chapman Herd said...

TOO FUNNY!! By the way, I love the new look on your blog!

Beth said...

I love your blog! Happy (belated) birthday girls!! I have birthdays marked on my calander and always think I'm going to call everyone on their special day, but I always seem to let the day slip by for some reason or another.
I loved your bank commercial. Reminded me of your Grandpa. Oft times when he would pull up to the teller window to cash a check from the barber shop (for example if the check was $5.00) he would say he wanted a five and five ones. Occasionally she would have the money in her hand and start counting it back to him when she would shake her head and say, "Oh, it's that big tease again! He used to get a kick out of it, and so did I seeing how much fun he had teasing!
LOVE TO ALL!! Grandma