Sunday, May 18, 2008

Doing My Visiting Teaching

I was at the grocery store last week. When I went to put my shopping cart away I saw another cart with a purse in it. I picked up the purse and asked a lady who was getting into her car if it was hers, thinking she had just put her cart away and was now getting in her car to leave. She said it wasn't hers so I took the purse into the store to give it to Customer Service.

We started looking through the purse to see if we could find a name of who it belonged to. We found a checkbook and I was so surprised to find out that it belonged to a lady in our ward who I visit teach. The phone number on the checks was an old one from Virginia so I told Publix I would go home and call her and tell her she'd left her purse at the grocery store, which I did. She was so surprised but grateful that I had found it! What a coincidence.

Hmmm...Does that count as doing my visiting teaching for the month?... :)

5 comments:

nixon5 said...

wow That is amazing. Lucky for her you did find it. I think a lot of things count for V.T. :)

The Nixon Two said...

YES!YES!YES! to visiting teaching!

Joanna said...

Hello...YES! that is the best kind of VT!

Chapman Herd said...

Totally Counts!

K Bailey said...

Yep-a phone call counts!!!