Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Day at the Beach

Brady woke up Saturday morning and announced, "I feel like going to the beach!" I'd been waiting for him to say something like that for about a month now! We haven't been this summer yet and I had really wanted to go on Saturday, but Courtney got invited to a birthday party for a girl in the neighborhood and I felt a little obligated to let her go since I didn't think many people would be there. So, we waited until after the party and then headed out for the beach.

We knew we were taking our chances waiting until the afternoon because that is when we typically get afternoon thuderstorms, and sure enough, we were only able to stay at the beach for just over an hour, but it sure was fun! We drove home in a monster of a storm though, I was scared to death a few times but Brady kept reminding me the van was a safe place to be and a moving target was hard to hit (by lightening).

Spencer loves to practice riding the skim board. He's getting pretty good at it!

These two boys loved digging in the sand, then having the waves fill the hole.

This picture makes me giggle, but Brady will groan for me posting it. Which one of these boys needs a tan? :) he he he

The beauty queen of the beach.

Courtney and Tucker loved walking around and gathering up these jelly looking things that washed up with the tide. They called them "jelly kabobs" - they looked like a piece of a jellyfish.

Here's Courtney trying out the new beach chair I got for Mother's Day.

All the crew, minus Meghann who has her nose in a book (see below) and the photographer. They are headed out to do some boogey boarding.

3 comments:

nixon5 said...

AAHHHHHHHH! MY EYES, MY EYES! I'M BLIND FROM THE BRIGHT LIGHT COMING OFF THE GROWN BOY!!!! We say that, but the whole while we are green with envy. (This is Brian by the way)

Joanna said...

OH SO FUN!!! Why would you ever want to move back to Utah?

allredclan said...

Courtney, I love your swimsuit! Madison can't wait to have you here. She is hanging up "I love David Archuleta!" signs all over her room so you feel right at home.

Tuck, Spence, and Jordan, Caleb is counting the days until you boys can play together. Hope you have fun here in Utah even though we don't have a cool beach like that!

p.s. My skin is not green. Only Brian's has that greenish hue... ;) I'm not jealous of the ocean. I'm jealous of those tans your kids have! How would it be?!? And now I must go peel some dead skin off my shoulders from getting sunburned...