Sunday, June 15, 2008

Pants for a Penny

I was at the mall a few weeks ago doing some shopping for Father's Day and I couldn't resist going in Christopher & Banks. I felt guilty for going in...but something just pulled me in. I went to the clearance rack where they had lots of pants. I found a few to try on and one I especially liked was marked $6.97. That was down from $45.50 and I thought that was a pretty good deal. I needed a different size than the one I tried on and the new size I got was marked $9.97. I wanted the pants for $6.97 but not for $9.97 so I asked the lady to check the price for me. When she scanned it, she got this funny look on her face. She wasn't sure what to say for a minute so I asked, "Are they free today?" She said, "Almost, they are ringing up for one penny!"
She said they probably should have been pulled off the rack but since I had brought it up to purchase, she said she would give them to me for what they rang up. What!!! When do you ever get something for a penny?? She said, "I can't even charge you tax on that!" Well...that was my bargain of the year. I wore them out on a date that night with Brady! Here is my receipt, just in case you're having a hard time believing it, and a picture of the cute pants.

6 comments:

allredclan said...

Oh. My. Heck. !!!! Knowing my luck, that would be the time I didn't even have a penny in my wallet. I think you win the bargain shopper of the year award.

AF Nixons said...

I was sweating for a minute wondering if I even had a penny. It would be embarrasing to use my debit card for one cent! :)

nixon5 said...

WAY TO GO!! I Love a good deal and you are the winner. I don't anyone ever will be able to beat that one.

nixon5 said...

I talk way good as I type way good.
I meant to type I don't think anyone ever will be able to beat that one. SWEET!

Joanna said...

WOW! Good for you. Brady can't complain for that one! :)

TaYloRcD5 said...

And you say I always get the good deals. That is AWESOME!!!!!