Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Something to Laugh About

Here is something a friend sent me that made me laugh...

Tough Love vs. Spanking

Most of America's populace thinks it improper to spank children, so I have tried other methods to control my kids when they have one of "those moments." One that I found effective is for me to just take the child for a car ride and talk. Some say it's the vibration from the car, others say it's the time away from any distractions such as TV, Video Games, Computer, IPod, etc. Either way, my kids usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our car ride together. I've included a photo below of one of my sessions with my son, in case you would like to use the technique.

4 comments:

allredclan said...

Yup. It made me laugh. =) I love creative discipline. One that I remember when I was little was my dad told us that if we were going to say anything mean to each other, we had to sing it. Needless to say we all ended up giggling at each other. It's pretty hard to stay mad when you have to sing, "You are a meanie poopy head!"

Another one I tried as a parent, when two siblings can't get along for anything, I have been known to handcuff or tie them together until they can work it out. I think I will try the car ride next time. =)

AF Nixons said...

I call your handcuffing idea a "lesson in cooperation." I don't tie them together (you go girl!) but I make them do a job together until they can get along. It usually only takes one job...imagine that!

nixon5 said...

Very Very Clever. I also love the tie them together idea. I wonder how far down the street I could get with the car thing:)
Of course tanner would probably look at it as a fun lagoon ride.

The Nixon Two said...

Thank you for a good old belly roll laugh...loved your blog and all the commemnts...I'm still laughing