Saturday, June 21, 2008

Highlights of Our Week

Not too much out of the ordinary to write about this week. We just had a fun week being home together with not too much to accomplish. We spent a few days at the aquatic center, the kids got out the little tent they put up every vacation and it went back and forth between the girl's room and the boy's room all week, we did a little shopping, and spent a day at Aquatica, Sea World's new water park.







On Friday I took Meghann, her friend Natalie, Courtney, Tucker and Spencer running errands with me. Jordan was at his friend's house having "Adventure Camp." We went to the mall, JoAnns, Wal-Mart and Sam's Club. At Wal-mart Tucker was SO excited to finally be able to spend some money that he has been saving for a while. He got a dart board and a 10-pack game set that included chess. He and a friend went to the library for chess club on Wednesday and he is hooked on the game. At JCPenney he found a clearance on 4th grade Brain Quest, a pack of 1,500 trivia questions and he was so excited to have bought THREE things in ONE day. You'd have thought he'd died and gone to heaven.

Our favorite part of the shopping trip was the samples at Sam's Club!

Our friend Natalie was funny when I dropped her off after a morning of shopping. She only has one brother so I'm sure shopping with 5 other people was quite an experience. When I told her thanks for enduring the morning with us she said, "Yeah...it was really interesting!" Hmmm...what exactly does "interesting" mean?!


Brady had to work all day Saturday training his teachers for next year so the kids and I took off for Aquatica. You can hardly see anything in this little picture, but it is a huge, new, popular water park that Sea World built. We've been dying to try it out so we were on the road by 8:15 a.m. and at the park just as they opened. We had a great day, until I lost half of the kids on a lazy river. We found out after the fact that it has TWO entrance and exits and half of us were at one exit, the other half at the other exit. That was freaking me out for a while, especially because it was starting to sprinkle and I could tell we were in for a good old Florida thunderstorm any minute. We finally found each other and headed for the van, just as the heavens opened and the rains came pouring down. It was the kind of rain that even with the windshield wipers going full speed, it wasn't quite doing the job. We made it home safe and sound and the kids thought it was one of the greatest adventures they'd had in a while. Glad they thought so! :)

One more funny thing...a few weeks ago Courtney was telling me that a friend had said a curse word. She was upset about it so we were talking and I asked her if she'd ever said a curse word. She shook her head no and said, "I have never said a curse word except when I've been reading the scriptures!" Just what exactly am I teaching my child??? :)

2 comments:

nixon5 said...

the new park at sea world looks amazing. How fun. I love the hear the things your kids say and do, they are so fun to be around.

Joanna said...

what are you teaching your children??? :) that is funny!

That waterpark looks like fuN!