Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fresh

I love this time of year. The oranges are ripe on the trees and our neighbors are so kind to share. (They must not have a nifty attachment for their Bosch that will juice these babies like nothing! That's okay, I do :)!

First, take a bag full of rather ugly looking oranges (that's Florida oranges for you - they're not much to look at).

Slice 'em in half.

Then turn on the juicer. Beware, though, as soon as the kids find out what you're doing, they'll come a running to take a turn juicing.


These oranges are pulpy so I like to pour the juice through a strainer.


There you have it, a pitcher of fresh squeezed orange juice, just waiting to be consumed! Mmmmm, it's delicious.

It's hard to go back to a frozen concentrate after that!

5 comments:

** Adrian ** said...

MMMMMmmmmm! That looks SO yummy! I LOVE fresh squeezed orange juice!!! How nice of them to share with you!!

The Nixon Two said...

I remember being able to have some of that fresh orange juce last year when we were there, and it was yummy. Makes my mouth water just looking at your pictures.

Chapman Herd said...

Y-U-M-M-Y!!! That looks and sounds delicious! My mouth is salivating just thinking about it!

TaYloRcD5 said...

WOW!!!! That looks ssssoooo yummy. I feel a little bit jipped that we didn't get any when we came to visit. Kind of like we weren't worthy of the "Florida Fresh squeezed OJ" hahaha just kidding. But you better not give Michelle any either when she comes!!!!! haha

TaYloRcD5 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.