Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ouch... And I Mean OUCH!

Last week I was machine quilting some fabric for a class I was going to be taking at Bernina. Silly me, I stuck my finger in the way of the fast-moving needle, and BAM! The needle went right through my fingernail and darn near out the other side! As I jerked my hand away as soon as I realized what was happening, I broke the needle in half so that half was in the sewing machine and the other half was in my finger!!!

Not a pretty sight.

I wish I would have stayed calm long enough to take a picture, that would have been pretty gross to see, right? But I just wanted to yank that thing out of my finger, so that's what I did. Then a little bead of blood formed on both sides of my finger. Then I decided to get my camera, because my finger actually didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would.

I was having focus issues with my camera, but if you look close you can see a little bead of blood on both sides of my finger (the one side is actually on the fingernail).






That was a lovely experience. And speaking of lovely, this is what I made the next day at my sewing class:


At least this story had a happy ending, right?

6 comments:

Joanna said...

i can't believe I haven't done that yet! OUCH. Cute bag though :)

** Adrian ** said...

OOOOH! I am STILL cringing!! I bet that REALLY hurt!! I can't believe you could stay calm enough to take a picture! Very cute bag!!!

The Nixon Two said...

Ouch!! That made my whole body hurt. That's something I hope I never do. But I have to agree with you, your bag is way cute.

Lindsay said...

Ouch!! thanks for not taking a picture while the needle was still in your finger..

Chapman Herd said...

HOLY OUCH!!! That is my biggest fear about using all my tools....is that my finger will get in the way..except I would loose mine! Glad it wasn't any worse! And that Bag is DARLING!!!

TaYloRcD5 said...

oh I would have died!!!! I would have been on the floor passed out!!! The bag is sure sute though.