Sunday, August 24, 2008

Pine View Dam/Wakeboarding

The Saturday that EFY ended we met my family at Pine View Dam for a day of boating. My kids are always excited to try wakeboarding, waterskiing, water tubing, etc., but this time when we took the three boys plus my nephew Cole out on the boat, everyone said they didn't want to try it. We started with Tucker, being the oldest. He said, "No thanks!" Spencer said the same thing. Then we tried to get Cole to go, but he wouldn't do it either. So, we asked Jordan if he wanted to try wakeboarding. He said, "Okay, I'll try it." I was a little surprised and then I wasn't even sure if the boots on the board would fit him, but Uncle Jim said they would so we gave it a try.

Jordan is my water lover AND daredevil - a scary combination! He was amazing for his first time wakeboarding! He got up right away, but only to a squatting position. I don't know if he thought that was as good as it gets or he was just comfortable there, but he just stayed squatting the whole time. It was so funny to watch. Well, you can imagine after that that ALL the boys wanted to try - they weren't going to be outdone by the youngest. Yeah for Jordan for going first!

Jordan getting ready to wakeboard

And he's up! Well...almost up. This was his stance the whole time. Silly boy!
Here is Courtney on the tube with her cousins Keyera and Hillary.
And here is Meghann and Kaila. Here's Spencer's try at wakeboarding. I love the look on his face here. If you click on the picture you can see it bigger and maybe see how determined he looks! I paid for my two minutes of wakeboarding for at least two solid days afterwards! Ouch...I was so sore! It's not fun to use muscles once a year that have been asleep the rest of the year. Here are the three boys enjoying a little time on the tube. Thanks Jim and Michelle for a fun day on the boat!

2 comments:

nixon5 said...

HOW FUN!!!! That would be a blast.
Love the look on spencer's face, that is great.

TaYloRcD5 said...

Fun pictures Steph. We had a blast there with you all. Miss and love you!!!!