Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Westward Ho!

We left July 22nd for our vacation to Utah. Where do I even begin? With 2/12 weeks of fun and about 500 pictures on my SD card so far, I've got a lot of blogging to do! I'm just going to start small and take it a little bit at a time.

Here are the three boys on the airplane, just kicking back and enjoying a little soda and a movie. I couldn't take a picture of the girls because they were on a separate flight with Brady, but TRUST ME, they were having a great time! The girls got to fly FIRST CLASS on the way over because of some strange thing with frequent flyer points (didn't know I was booking it at the time) and poor Brady had to ride back with the rest of the commoners. While the girls were eating fetuccini on fine china, Brady was snacking on pretzles and peanuts. What a life, huh? We didn't tell them they were riding first class until they were walking down the jetway, then Brady told them the big surprise. I wish I could have been there to see their faces!

Here's a funny thing that happened at my mom's while we were waiting for the girl's and Brady's flight to come in...we were having some dinner and I went to pour the boys a drink. The first cup I pulled off the stack of paper cups had NO BOTTOM in it! Thank goodness my mom only poured a little soda before we realized we had a defective cup! The boys thought it was pretty funny. Here we are with Day 1 of our Zion's Family Reunion part of the trip. After traveling westward, we left on the 23rd of July and drove southward. I know you can't see us in this picture very well because the sun was so in the wrong place, but know that we are happy little shadows after having driven for 5 1/2 hours and we are finally out of the car!

Next up: more of our family reunion fun...

2 comments:

nixon5 said...

we are so glad that you are here.!

allredclan said...

I am laughing my guts out at the image in my head of your girls eating on fine china and Brady in the back snacking on a bag of pretzels! How incredibly fun for them! =)

You have made the past 3 weeks heaven on earth for my kids. Thank you for coming. =) =) =) =) =) =) =)