Sunday, September 28, 2008

Glued to My Sewing Machine

This week I have been sewing like a crazy woman. Meghann wanted to be a Midieval princess for Halloween so last weekend we bought a pattern and some material. Then on Sunday she told me she was having a "princess party" for Young Womens on Wednesday and that they could dress up. So I thought, "Ooo, if I got her dress done by Wednesday she could wear it then and get one more use out of all my work!" So I started on Monday and sewed like crazy, but by some miracle I got it done by Wednesday afternoon! Whew! She loves the dress and definitely feels like a princess in it.


Then on Thursday Courtney had an Activity Day Recognition Night where they were talking about ancestors and she was stressed because we didn't have any bonnets that matched the dress she wanted to wear! So, I dug through my fabric and found some green that matched her dress and on Thursday I sewed her a new bonnet. She looked darling and did a great job telling what she had learned from her phone interview with Grandma Great (thanks grandma!).


Sometime during the week I got this idea of a satchel I could make for Jordan's Halloween costume. He is so excited to be Indiana Jones! I'm not sure how I'm going to make the rest of the costume, but I was thrilled with how the bag turned out, especially because I really can't sew without a pattern. But this idea went from my head to fabric without a problem so a heavy sigh of relief there. He LOVES the bag and wears it every day!

Last, but not least, I made this cute blanket for a friend. She ordered it for her grandson and just told me she wanted something with a teddy bear on it. I had so much fun picking out the fabric for this quilt. It just came together perfectly with the colors and all. It was fun to make.


7 comments:

Traci said...

Wow. What a busy girl you are. They all turned out so cute. I wish I could sew. That was never my strong point. I also love the picture of Brady cleaning your side walk for you. That is so sweet. What a neat family you are.

nixon5 said...

WOW you are just amazing. I thought I was doing good when I really dont sew at all but attempted a really simple and i mean simple dress for zanna and did it 2 days. I lOVE the blanket and the costumes. Way to be on the ball. My kids have a hallloween party this week too and I still am 1 costume shy. Indiana Jones one too.

The Nixon Two said...

I'm so glad you're finished with all your sewing projects because I have a whole table full of unfinished ones that need help. Bring your sewing machine and give me a hand...I just can't seem to bring myself to sit down and just finish them. And from the looks of your blog every thing you sew turns out darling. Way to go Stephanie!!!

Chapman Herd said...

Nice Job on all the sewing! That is something that never caught on with me....I just ask my mom to do it! (hence the large pile of Projects on her table) Meghann's costume is Cute!

TaYloRcD5 said...

You are AWESOME!!! I wish I could sew and do all those fancy things you do. You are AMAZING!!!!

allredclan said...

Great job, Steph! They look great, all of them. Wanna come and sew some for my kids now. I'm sure you have the time, right? ;)

Joanna said...

WOW! you are amazing. Do you sew all the costumes? Love the blanket also. And the fact that you didn't have a pattern for the bag makes me jealous. You are talented.