Sunday, September 28, 2008

Signs of Fall



For most of you, these are the signs of fall...changing leaves. I love the fall colors and miss seeing the leaves change and fall off the tree, but unfortunately, that doesn't happen for us until about January or February. And then the leaves don't really change colors, they just fall and cause us to have to rake every other day.
A sign of fall for us is this:


All the kids outside after dinner eating popsicles, getting all the neighbor kids together for a game of kickball. The temperature finally cooled just a few degrees last week, but better than that, there was NO humidity for a few days and you would have thought it was Christmas morning around here. That was all anyone talked about - "Isn't this weather lovely?" "What a gorgeous day!" Even yesterday in the grocery store I heard two men saying how Wednesday was just a beautiful day with the breeze and cool temperatures. Thursday morning when I went walking a man jogging down the other side of the street hollered through the dark at me, "Is this weather wonderful?"
I'm telling you, we Floridians wait all summer for the temperatures to drop just a few degrees and when it does, we celebrate! So, I guess fall is here. The kids are playing outside again. This is why we endure the summers...to enjoy all winter outside.

4 comments:

randa_joy said...

Dido here in the Valley of the Sun.

nixon5 said...

The kids look like they are having so much fun. I am glad that the weather is finally cooling a little for you. I love the outdoors.

Chapman Herd said...

I wish it would cool down here! I am SOO tired of 85 degree weather! Its October for cryin' Out loud!!!

Joanna said...

I will take some pictures and post them. Honestly October is my FAVORITE time of year here in NY. Our drive to the city last week was amazing!!!