Sunday, September 21, 2008

I've Got to Warn His Wife

This post is for Tucker's future wife. I'm warning you now that Tucker is famous for losing things. Don't leave him alone with the check book, car keys, children or anything else you find valuable because he probably won't remember where he left them. Here's an example: a missing library book. It has been missing for about a month and I finally went to the library to pay for it. They kindly told me they would put it on some "lost/watch for" status at the library and give me more time to look for it. I had already turned the house upside down so that was why I was there to pay for it. Okay, I said, I'll keep looking. Good thing I listened to them because a few days later while dusting, I found it here:

See it there on the shelf above the DVDs? That shelf is right as you walk out the back door and I'm sure he stuck it there as he was headed out to play, never to remember where he laid it down.

Then, just a few days after finding the book, he lost it again. This time he lost two more books with it. He was carrying around a pile of three books (I'm not sure if he thought he could read three at a time but he IS a bookworm!) and set them down somewhere...only where??? He looked for two days and by last night, was getting pretty worried that they hadn't turned up. So I said I'd go look after I put him to bed. I walked down the stairs and began tidying up the kitchen cupboard (which seems to be a catch-all for junk) and there they were! His stack of three books.


I hollered up the stairs that the missing books were found so that he could get a good night's sleep. (Notice what's going on in the background of the above photo: Spencer the Chef is scooping muffin batter into the muffin tins for me and look at the lovely flowers on the kitchen table that Brady brought me back after his weekend in Tampa).

So, future wife, I'm doing my best to raise a great guy for you...but I'm afraid he was born with forgetfulness!

3 comments:

nixon5 said...

LOL that made for a great chuckle.
Glad that you found them.

allredclan said...

Glad you found them! I have learned through experience that when library books are missing (which they are frequently) the first place I look is in our bookshelves. The kids just stuff them in there with the other books...

Chapman Herd said...

I would have NEVER found it by the DVD's...it blends right in! Too Funny