Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Dinner By Courtney

For a Faith in God requirement, Courtney was to plan and prepare a nutritious meal for her family. I love those kind of goals, especially when the kids REALLY do them from grocery shopping to cleanup. We had a great time cooking together, her doing most of the work and me supervising. She found the recipes she wanted to make in a fun kid's cookbook my mom sent us once upon a time (it's come in handy many times, mom!). We had:
Fruit Salad
Carrots with dip and pizza roll ups
These "ice cream" cupcake cones were a hit!


The proud chef. Yummy dinner, Courtney!

4 comments:

The Nixon Two said...

It seems that I count 24 ice cream cupcake cones for a family of 7! They must have been the hit of the meal. Way to go chef Courtney

Bekah: said...

all this talk of food has made me hungry!

nixon5 said...

Way to go courtney you just passed me up on dinner last night. yours looks so much better.

Joanna said...

Courtney- I am going to need a cook for my kids here pretty soon. I am afraid they will be eating cereal a few too many nights! :)