Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Dirty Pants



Yesterday I sewed the pants for Jordan's Indiana Jones costume. When he got home from school I had him try them on to see if I had the waist adjusted tight enough. I just had it held with a safety pin until I could try them on him. He was thrilled to try them on, so thrilled in fact that he never took them off. He grabbed his hat (yep, he has an Indy hat now too!), satchel, and went off to find a buried treasure...or whatever it is that Indiana Jones does.
That evening at Family Home Evening he was sitting on my lap (with the safety pin still holding the elastic). I was noticing how DIRTY his pants were! I said, "Jordan, you aren't going to be able to wear these pants again until Halloween because look how dirty they are." I pointed out a few spots of dirt for effect. He replied, "Well, Indy gets his pants dirty and his mom doesn't care." Well! I guess he told me. Play away Indy, play away.

5 comments:

K Bailey said...

They will look more "real" if they're dirty anyway right?

Joanna said...

my kids haven't seen any of these movies yet. I can't wait to see the whole outfit when it is done.

nixon5 said...

That is sooo funny. parker wants to be indiana jones too but alas his mom is not so crafty and have been putting havoc on the city trying to make this costume thing work. Good ol walmart unfortunatly.

allredclan said...

Love it! I love it when our kids say something like that that makes you rethink your reasoning. =)

TaYloRcD5 said...

He is a crack up!!! He is right though. I have to always remind myself that they are just boys, dirt washes and messes clean. It's hard, but I'm working on it!!